Friday, February 4, 2011

Kiev

We are back in Kiev we took the overnight train and arrived about  5:40 am. Once agian there is no sleeping on the train, at least not for Mick and I Vika said she slept and by the energy she has I would say she did.
Last night was a difficult evening. We met with the orphanage director for tea, they have a tea with every family on the childs last day at the home, that went well. It was when we went upstairs for Vika to change into her new clothes that it started getting hard.  Vika's teacher was waiting for her in the hall, and then the girls from her group started to come in to say goodbye. The tears were flowing from everyone, we cried because Vika was crying, she cried because she was going to miss her friends, and they cried because they would miss her, and they all want a family also. It was so hard to say good bye to several of the girls, and a couple of them hugged me so hard I did not think that they would let go. We made it from the group room to the art room where Joe and Ginger were visiting with their son Autur, and a group of children. They were playing cards and eating candy, it lightened the mood for a while, then the cars came to take us, including Vika, back to the apartment. It took us 20 minutes to make itinto the car, then Anslee,Vika Love, and Olya got in with me. It took another 5 minutes to get them our and our Vika in, it was heartbreaking.
Mick, Vika and I went back to the apartment and waited for Sveta to come and then we all took the train together.  When we were on the train Vika said, I miss the group. Meaning her group of girls. I told her we missed them to.
We are now in Kiev and watching a movie. I would like a nap but I don't know if it will happen today.

No comments:

Post a Comment